Sunday, October 16, 2016

I slept solid yesterday, with the help of Zzzquil. Good stuff, that. I'm not too sure that you're supposed to take it every day, but it sure is tempting. My mood has improved a great deal, although I'm still pretty sure I'm having a relapse of depression, which sucks. I have a lot of unresolved stuff going on, and some of it is going to take an intestinal fortitude that I just don't have. Some of it is due to the necessity for long-range planning. I want the change, I need the change, but it is going to take some time to implement the change. Patience is not exactly the greatest of my virtues.
I already have changed my eating and exercise habits. 27 pounds down. Ooooo, I should look up my BMI now. (http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm is a promising site) Still not in the healthy range, I'm sure, but I should see how much closer I am. Yup, still not in the healthy range. Closer, though. Now I only have to lose 93 pounds. Not sure that much is healthy for me.
It's still a struggle to not eat crap, but overall I do okay. The people who tell you to keep a food log are right. It helps a ton. I hate it when "they" are right, dammit.
Discovered the joy of water aerobics. Joy might be exaggerating, but I do like it a lot. That helped me lose a lot of the weight, too. Cut my Starbucks down to a grande 98% of the time. Still have days when only a venti will do. And sometimes that's not big enough, either. I'm still working on sugar. Added sugar is just about everywhere. The worst is yogurt. Think you're doing something healthy until you read the sugar content. Damn. I detest plain yogurt, so I switched to cottage cheese.
With the holidays and colder weather on the horizon, it probably will get harder before it gets easier. Not sure if this helped or just bummed me out a little more....

No comments:

Post a Comment